Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectFun enough, but it has a couple issues
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=743034&mesg_id=744362
744362, Fun enough, but it has a couple issues
Posted by pretentious username, Fri May-06-22 12:57 PM
1) It feels like there’s a missing movie (probably between the first one and Infinity War) where Mordo is the main antagonist. Here we just have an alternate Mordo with one line of dialogue from Strange explaining what happened between one of the better end credit scenes and now. That was really glaring to me. I suppose they decided it wouldn’t be an interesting character to carry a movie, which I get, but it still feels like a missing puzzle piece.

2) The trailer hinted that the plot would be the consequence of Doctor Strange’s actions in Spidey 3 (and maybe Strange 1/Infinity War), but that’s not really the case. The America/Scarlet Witch plot is happening whether he’s there or not, and has nothing to do with his past actions. It was interesting that the Dr. Strange in each universe has the same flaw of doing a calculus of what sacrifices are worth it or not, but that’s not really the same as addressing this Dr. Strange’s actions head on.

People already brought up the issues with the Illuminati stuff. It didn’t bother me quite as much, but it did feel like a checklist they were checking off on the way to completing their multiverse vision, which is kinda deflating.

All that said, Scarlet Witch is one of their stronger villains imo. Maybe it took too long for the character to evolve to this, but I’m glad we finally got to see it. Olsen is great in this role.