Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectMASSIVE SPOILER/COMPLAINT WITHIN THIS REPLY:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=743034&mesg_id=744356
744356, MASSIVE SPOILER/COMPLAINT WITHIN THIS REPLY:
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri May-06-22 12:16 AM
Spoiler coming below.
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .

Boy oh boy, I do *not* like John Krasinski as Reed. At all. I didn't like the idea of it, and I really don't like it in execution. Krasinski's entire career has been built on "I'm the charming guy," whereas Reed should be giving off "I'm so smart that being normal is hard." And it seems like Krasinski is maybe *trying* to do something like that here, but it just comes off bored.

I thought Black Bolt ruled (as did his demise), which I feel like is proof positive that we don't need famous motherfuckers playing all these parts. And we certainly don't need this sort of meme-level fan casting. Marvel fucking rules at casting, it's one of the things they're best at... but this Krasinski casting feels like a big time misfire, especially considering how central a character he should be in the MCU.

Also, while the Illuminati stuff has some interesting moments as does its subsequent fight, I tell you what, it definitely drags the plot to a halt, lol. Obviously didn't need any of it. This is the hard part of trying to balance the extended universe as these movies get bigger and bigger: for you to spend time on the whole universe, you almost always have to halt your movie's plot. It makes me appreciate way more things like Moon Knight that feel like their own thing, that don't have to hit pause because we have to check in with some other character from some other thing to remind us they exist or to introduce some other person.
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .