Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI would say no, although the formula is pretty well set at this point
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=743034&mesg_id=744344
744344, I would say no, although the formula is pretty well set at this point
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Wed May-04-22 05:27 PM
I've wondered too just how long Marvel can keep up interest in these movies, especially given how niche some of these characters were. But Feige and Disney are on to something and have been batting at a HOF level for quite a while.

I think some people's lack of satisfaction with this recent phase is because of how well the last arc of Phase 2(?) was pulled off.

From Civil War until Endgame there were maybe two movies that weren't outright excellent. (Guardians 2 and Thor: Ragnarok) And even those movies had outstanding moments.

Maintaining that level of excellence just isn't likely. Especially with a new slate of filmmakers and actors working to find their voice and navigate Marvel's standards.

And also, the TV series have been mostly excellent as well. So, while the media and rollout of these movies have been different than the previous phase, I think there's still a good amount of interest in Marvel movies.

As much as the previous phase? Not right now. But they've earned the benefit of the doubt in that regard.