Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI wouldn't watch this movie over and over.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=743690&mesg_id=743804
743804, I wouldn't watch this movie over and over.
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Mon Mar-07-22 07:49 AM
I think I saw The Dark Knight six times in theaters. Both 2.5+ hour movies but if you asked me to immediately watch this one over again i would say no. I don't feel a need to. I cant point to any one scene I want to see again without waiting the 45 days until its on HBO Max. With The Dark Knight there were set pieces or particular scenes that I couldn't wait to re-watch in the big theater. This was way too long and way too slow in some parts.

I truly believe it is the best "focused on Batman" movie. But as an overall entertaining movie with tremendous re-watch value, it's not touching The Dark Knight. I don't even think it's fair to compare the two. Batman Begins, yes. But The Dark Knight was a "batman universe" movie with the intro already made. I think the sequel to The Batman has the potential, maybe.

In my opinion, i can wait to re-watch this on HBO Max and enjoy it. The Dark Knight i immediately wanted to turn around and buy another ticket. It was an "event" movie.