Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectPeacemaker Season 1 (HBO Max)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=743640&mesg_id=743640
743640, Peacemaker Season 1 (HBO Max)
Posted by JiggysMyDayJob, Fri Feb-18-22 10:13 AM
OK, I've waited and waited to see if a post about this show would come up, and now that the first season is over, I'm mad I didn't do it earlier.

This show is right in James Gunn's wheelhouse, and it def leads back to his time working on Troma films. The use of hair metal was executed perfectly, he really knows what music to put into a scene.

Say what you want about Cena, but he's doing the best acting he's ever done to date in this series. I wasn't the biggest fan of his but his portrayal of Peacemaker is something else, he's showing more acting chops than Dwayne Johnson ever could.

The rest of the cast has been outstanding as well. I always enjoyed Danielle Brooks, but she got me fawning over her in this series.

I could keep going on, but bottom line, Watch This Show! It's the best thing out of the DCEU after Suicide Squad (2). Just the perfect mix of action, humor, and emotion. So glad it's getting a second season.