Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectTo be fair, the role she played of Carla was intentionally over the
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=741372&mesg_id=741504
741504, To be fair, the role she played of Carla was intentionally over the
Posted by soulfunk, Mon Jun-21-21 11:47 AM
top hammy in the play also. She was a super ditzy/naïve side character so over the top that it's hard to tell how old she was supposed to be - at times she seems like a pre-teen and at other times in her 20's. Different people playing the role in the musical have played up both sides of that dynamic.

I REALLY don't know why they added the Cuca character to the salon when most of her lines were originally already said by Daniella or Carla. Especially given that Daniella and Carla could have used additional character development. I had to hear in an interview that they were a couple - that was a change from the play that could have been a nice added dynamic, but I didn't even pick up on it. (The interview said there's a scene with them waking up in bed but I completely missed that.) If they'd left Cuca out of the film and added a couple lines to make that relationship clear, it would have given Beatriz a bit more to work with.