Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectGoing back through this with my son. He absolutely loves it.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=696899&mesg_id=740160
740160, Going back through this with my son. He absolutely loves it.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Dec-22-20 04:40 PM
He'll be six in a few months. I went back through Z a few years ago and he'd dance to the opening and closing themes, with a particular affinity for the closer.

He's hooked on Super though, and does the same routine with the themes. It's wild to me to see my wife copping DB tees for my kid.

It definitely adds a layer of joy to watching this.

It also made me realize that they need to do the follow up, with Moro.

I still have some gripes, but this was by and large a fantastic rebirth.

-I'm annoyed at the way Piccolo has been rendered essentially a player coach. Sure, he's essentially around the lower tier of SSJ2 power wise, and the current Piccolo would have stomped out everyone from Z except Buu (not counting films, as I've only watched a couple), but that's not enough at this point.

-I'd like to see Goten and Trunks- and Gotenks- get some serious tick going forward, if that happens. I don't like the way he was so useless against that Vegita clone. I need to see them rise up the ranks.

-I don't like the way Buu was written out of the TOP.

I love that there are literally universes worth of characters to explore, and 6 and 11 definitely need some tick.

I love watching Piccolo's interactions with an adult Gohan. Gohan returning to Piccolo when he needs training is a great note as a die hard fan of Z. Piccolo and Pan? That's a thing of beauty. Piccolo whooping his ass while whipping him into fighting shape was gratifying.

17 and 18 in the TOP? Love it! I need more.

In so many ways, DBS feels like a new beginning for the series. going back through it, they accomplished an incredible amount of world building.

Anyhow, if you haven't done so already, DBS is absolutely worth a fresh watch. I also restarted DBZ, but won't go all in until I wrap up these last few episodes of DBS. There's a certain magic to these characters.