Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: Serious question: what are all those properties anyways?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=711094&mesg_id=711689
711689, RE: Serious question: what are all those properties anyways?
Posted by mrhood75, Sun May-08-16 07:43 PM
>Minus G.I. Joe & Transformers, I have no idea what any of
>these are.

Rom - Marvel comic from the late '70s to the mid '80s. Follows an alien space knight and his efforts to defeat another race of invading aliens, who also set their sights on Earth. Reasonably popular at the time. About 10 years ago in Marvel, they brought them back in connection to the Guardians of the Galaxy. Now they're apparently separate. There's about to be a new comic series put out by IDW (the guys who handle the GI Joe and Transformers properties these days).

Micronots - Toy line produced in the late '70s to early '80s. Marvel picked it up as a comic series. Comics lasted until the mid-'80s. Story of microscopic race of people battling for freedom in their micro-universe. Within their comic, they interacting with the Fantastic Four. New comic series coming out through IDW (apparently a comic theme).

M.A.S.K. - Toyline/cartoon/comic from the mid '80s. Heroic task force fights against terrorist organization, both using transforming vehicles (e.g., motorcyle that turns into a helicopter, SUV that turns into a tank, helicopter that turns into a fighter plane, etc.) and helmets/masks that do cool shit.

Visionaries - Short-lived toyline/cartoon/comic from the mid-'80s. More space knights on a foreign planet a lot like Earth battle each other using magic and powers of animals. Didn't last very long.

You can sort of see the connections that they're trying to make here between all of the properties, but I seriously doubt many of these are going to attract huge crowds. I can sort of see Rom or M.A.S.K. working as films, but those might be tough sells too.