Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectthe dividing wall between Malick’s apostles
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=690059&mesg_id=709727
709727, the dividing wall between Malick’s apostles
Posted by will_5198, Mon Mar-21-16 05:36 AM
and the Roman army opposed to every telescopic lens that Chivo hovers over the director's navel, will only get taller after this release.

I enjoyed it quite a bit, however, and that’s after not being a fan of To the Wonder.

for all the disdain that Malick has abandoned narrative structure for stylistic masturbation, the movie operates quite simply as a parable. Malick even spells it out for us in the opening minute.

I thought it was pretty uplifting by the end, even after some dark bits about death, the emptiness of life, and relationships without love and ones with too much. stylistically, Malick has never been more enamored with water than here (he uses it very well thematically), and there’s some bizarre GoPro/camera phone footage that seems to have been an itch needing scratching.

anyway, I’m sure there will be more losses among our ranks, but I came out of the theater convinced that Malick remains one of the best working directors.