Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectno, i think he believes that.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=699022&mesg_id=704579
704579, no, i think he believes that.
Posted by SoWhat, Thu Nov-12-15 12:32 PM
he's said as much during some promo interviews for this movie and he's quoted in the article you linked:

"He has responded, though. When asked by Chicago about his take on recent incidents of unarmed black men being killed by police in tandem with his movie about black crime, Lee said:

I’ve never tried to present myself as a motherfucking spokesperson for 45 million black folks. This is my opinion: We as a people can’t talk only about Black Lives Matter, I Can’t Breathe, Don’t Shoot, and then not talk about this self-inflicted genocide we’re doing to ourselves. For me, it goes hand in hand. Only by talking about both and addressing both can we bring change. Cops ain’t just killing us. We’re killing ourselves, too."

...and there are plenty ppl who agree w/this ^ take on the issue. plenty of them are here in Chicago and in Englewood. i'm sure plenty of them were involved in the making of this movie too.