Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: Chris Rock/Prince SNL - is there really outrage?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=688014&mesg_id=688022
688022, RE: Chris Rock/Prince SNL - is there really outrage?
Posted by nipsey, Mon Nov-03-14 01:48 PM
>I thought Chris' monologue was great, others not so much??

The jokes in the monologue were fine. And as he told them, I KNEW, people would be up in arms about them. It was his delivery that needed work. It wasn't a refined "set". It was as if he was workshopping the jokes. That said, best monologue of the season.

>Few lowlights, the horrible married couple sketch that was
>just a mess from start to finish.

It was hard to find the jokes in that sketch. I really didn't get it. Aside from the terrible performances in the sketch. Quite honestly, the entire show was a mess. It was rudderless. The sketches seemed to have a premise and nothing else. They didn't build to any actual jokes. The youtube dance video was probably the best (worst) example of this.

>Then Prince had to plug in his guitar after he'd been playing
>for a while....

That sucked. It looked like the wire for his guitar was hanging on the microphone and the guitar was in the back. So he forgot to plug it in when he grabbed the guitar. Despite that, the dude is such a professional he keeps going without missing a beat. I've seen similar eff ups in his performances and he always keeps his cool and plays it off. A real pro.

>
>I just dont get the controversy.