Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI really enjoyed this episode
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=680642&mesg_id=680649
680649, I really enjoyed this episode
Posted by SoulHonky, Thu Jun-12-14 11:25 PM
Pluses

- NBC needs to look to their sister station when it comes to using music in shows. They should make the music supervisor of The Blacklist sit in with these guys to see how music should be used to add to the show.

- The dialogue as usual is great. Loved the "Am I the shit or the food..." line.

- I love that they are giving Gina Torres more to do and giving her some lighter moments. Her and her fella are already more interesting than Harvey and Scottie.

- Harvey being Harvey is great.

Minuses:

- Rachel was great in the episode and then the final reveal happened and it felt like she was falling back to damsel in distress mode. I wish she had told Donna instead of Mike.

- I love Louis and Katrina but they often seem like they are in a screwball comedy while the rest of the show is a legal drama. I like the mix of 70% aggressive Louis and 30% screwball Louis.

- I know it would never happen but I'd like to see less of Mike. He doesn't bring much to the table, especially with Rachel filling his shoes with Harvey. I'd love it if he was a side character and it focused more on Rachel. His character only has a few things going for him - memory, no law degree, orphaned - and he's already played the one card and I'm not sure how the others will play in his new job.

- They set up a lot of overarching stories which makes me feel like there won't be much time for episodic stories, which I often feel bring out some of the best episodes.