Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: Spike Lee, Still Gliding to Success (NY Times swipe)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=572280&mesg_id=666881
666881, RE: Spike Lee, Still Gliding to Success (NY Times swipe)
Posted by SankofaII, Fri Nov-22-13 04:13 AM
well a nice bit of trivia:

Spike had no intenion of putting his famous or infamous, depending on who you talk to, shot in the movie.

Josh wanted him to because HE wanted to do it.

it doesn't mean much, other than it's clear that Spike is trying to evolve in some respects....or that's the assumption.

but i'm going to see this when it comes out even though I know his ending to the movie already (one of the blessings and curses of knowing screenwriters/working towards being one: you get all kinds of shooting scripts of movies in progress/about to be done and oftentimes, endings are RUINED. *sigh*)

UPDATE: reading this article, which was good by the way, Spike did not lose a BEAT in dropping this ether on OT:

“I love Steve McQueen’s work,” he said, both complimenting that director of “12 Years” and setting up a swipe at his nemesis Quentin Tarantino’s “Django Unchained.” “I know it will treat slavery as the holocaust that 400 years of slavery was. Not a cartoon. Not an action movie.”

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP. THAT is the sound of Spike snatching someone's wig off AT the roots.

lol