Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subject..i laughed when i read this part of your post....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=645029&mesg_id=657849
657849, ..i laughed when i read this part of your post....
Posted by Voodoochilde, Sun Aug-11-13 08:04 AM
>
>Who the fuck did Harada think he was hiding from being on the
>EDGE of a roof in all black on a sunny ass day? He was on some
>Naruto/Black Star "Imma noisy, noticeable ninja" shit.
>

because i was thinking the same thing when i watched that scene....it bugged me a bit after the scene was over too, i was like "really? couldnt he have at LEAST opted for a SILVER suit to match the rooftop he planned to 'hide in plain sight' on instead of wearing a hookup that would completely contrast this background?? " yeah its just a little thing, but sometimes paying attention to those little things can take an 'eh, ok average' level scene up to the 'hey thats pretty COOL' level of memorability...

for this flick i felt there were a lot of 'little missed opportunities' to do that...the subtle details, and artistic choices and style, that WOULD have upped the existing 'ok/ that was decent' scenes to the level of 'Coool. wow. NICE!"...those subtle details weren't paid attention to or incorporated, and thats a shame IMO...when i get a chance i'll try to post back specific things around that.

while i enjoyed the film enough, and didnt feel like it totally sucked or anything, it was another missed opportunity at could have been POTENTIAL excellence. There was enough good/decent stuff that the bad/distracting stuff didnt win the 'so, how do i feel as i'm walking out of the theater?' test. This "The Wolverine' film is easily much better than stupid 'Wolverine Origins' <<which i will try to forget (with the exception of the opening sequence and historical montage which i think was well done).
but X2 & XMen 1st Class are still the best X's.

like i said, if i get a chance i'll post back specific missed opportunities in this film that i think WOULDve given it some extra 'umph & memorable impact' or at least would have minimized distractions that took away from it....

but again, as usual, Jackman was good as Wolv. i have no prob with his hight,lack of hair and all that. I think he's really good as Logan/Wolverine and captures the essence with his acting chops.