Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectAs a HUGE fan of Wolverine......
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=645029&mesg_id=657083
657083, As a HUGE fan of Wolverine......
Posted by blueeclipse, Tue Jul-30-13 01:50 PM
This was an obvious disappointment.

Saying it's better than Origins does not make it any better either. Origins was so bad that anything would have been better than that.

The Chris Claremont storyline they used to base the script on is BY FAR the most definitive Wolverine story ever. Of course even with the awesome source material.....they fucked it up.

I wasn't expecting them to get it all the way right.......but what we got was still not Logan/Wolverine.

Wolverine was a true samurai in the comic and his fight with Shingen Yashida was one of the best in the Wolverine's history because of what it meant. That was reduced to some novelty, afterthought shit in this movie.

Wolverine came into the movie unfamiliar with Japanese culture and any of the characters. I'm tired of writers feeling like the audiences are so dumb that they cannot accept things that are not shown to them. Why not just have Wolverine return on the basis of past love and honor like in the comic?

The whole Viper character was terrible and over the top. She was almost too evil and her powers were so skewed it was hard to understand why she couldn't have just kept fuckin with Wolverine whenever she wanted to. It didn't make any sense.

I wanted to finally see a Wolverine movie with the tone and the exploration of Wolverine's true warrior spirit.

This movie wasn't terrible but I felt like it was just going through the motions and not really showing you the true nature of a great character.

Also......the bone claws. Eh. Ret-con bullshit that is an unfortunate part of the character so nothing more to really say there. It's wack though.