Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectSahe House, Vertigo, Bullhead
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=597738&mesg_id=599274
599274, Sahe House, Vertigo, Bullhead
Posted by benny, Tue Feb-14-12 09:46 AM
Safe House - another pleasant surprise in a year that's been very consistent for new releases so far (Haywire, The Grey, Chronicle and now this). Denzel was his usual badass self, and Ryan Reynolds actually impressed me by really playing his part to a T. The Tony Scott-ish grainy cinematography and shaky cam was pretty bad though

Vertigo - saw that this was up on Netflix Instant for a short while so treated myself to a projector session of this gem. It's not my favorite Hitchcock, but I like it more each time I see it

Bullhead - Belgium's entry for the 2012 Oscars, a reasonably coherent tale involving bit-gangsters dabling in illegal animal steroid trading. The main actor was spot on, and the plot felt very organic (if a bit dull at times). Bonus points for the cinematography that manages to create nice visuals out of the Western Belgium location.

finished up Portlandia s1 and Breaking Bad s4 (man that finish...). Now I need to finally get started on Boardwalk Empire s2