Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectTDK, Ironman, Hulk, didn't see Hellboy
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=464214&mesg_id=465136
465136, TDK, Ironman, Hulk, didn't see Hellboy
Posted by Beamer6178, Tue Jul-28-09 01:53 PM
can only deal with the first three

Hulk was enjoyable and entertaining but was a reboot so there wasn't much ground to break.

Ironman was a FUN, smart, movie and well placed in a contemporary setting. However, the way that Stane left Starks "to die" in his house was just a bit ghey. The Joker not killing Batman makes actual sense, he needed someone on his level to make crime interesting. Stane had an agenda for power, he should have simply killed Tony, point blank.

However, the only true issue I had with the movie was how he reveals himself as Iron-Man at the end. I'm not at all sure or confident with how they're going to play it off in the second movie, it better not be some bullshit ass dream sequence.

Dark Knight was like a theater production, with much meatier and heavier things to digest. was it perfect? no, mainly because two face was potentially wasted/rushed. But I think the length of time was necessary to deal with all that it set out to do.

Comparing a sequel to a first picture isn't a fair fight anyway. People are going to inevitably poke holes in the ways they don't feel it measures up to the first one, but I just saw the joint on Sunday and it was aged just fine to me. Meanwhile, aside from the two times i saw Iron-Man in the theater, I haven't itched to see it again.