Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectMacGruber: The Movie. Yes, this is real. (swipe)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=461379&mesg_id=461379
461379, MacGruber: The Movie. Yes, this is real. (swipe)
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Jul-08-09 05:40 PM
I'm one of the few on this board (I think) who think Forte is legitimately hilarious in a very off-the-beaten-path sort of way. While I think a Falconer movie would have been a better idea for an SNL Forte vehicle, let's cross our fingers hard that this doesn't massively suck. (Val Kilmer co-starring is pretty hilarious though.)

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118005755.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

'SNL' spies opportunity
Forte's MacGruber headed for the bigscreen
By DAVE MCNARY

Will Forte's bumbling spy MacGruber is headed for the bigscreen as the latest in a long line of "Saturday Night Live" characters to make that transition.
"SNL's" Kristen Wiig will reprise her Vicki character for the feature. Val Kilmer and Ryan Phillippe are in talks to join the cast.

Forte -- who will return to "SNL" in the fall -- debuted the parody of the 1980s action-adventure series "MacGyver" in 2007. He'll co-write with "SNL's" Jorma Taccone and John Solomon; the logline's being kept under wraps. Taccone will direct.

Relativity Media topper Ryan Kavanaugh, Lorne Michaels and John Goldwyn are producing the project, which will begin shooting next month. Relativity's Tucker Tooley will exec produce along with Erin David and "SNL" head writer Seth Meyers.

"MacGruber" will be distributed under Relativity's Rogue banner, which utilizes Universal distribution.

Forte stars in Endgame's upcoming "A Good Old Fashioned Orgy."

"SNL" honcho Michaels has produced more than half a dozen features that transitioned show characters to the bigscreen including "Wayne's World," "The Ladies Man," "Coneheads," "Superstar," "Stuart Saves His Family" and "A Night at the Roxbury."

Forte and Taccone are represented by UTA and Mosaic. Wiig’s repped by UTA and Odenkirk Provissiero Entertainment.