Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectthis was at best ok, an inferior facsimile of his first 2 movies (which
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=399819&mesg_id=438707
438707, this was at best ok, an inferior facsimile of his first 2 movies (which
Posted by Bombastic, Wed Mar-04-09 08:58 PM
are basically British versions of the mid-90s Pulp Fiction/2-Days-In-The-Valley genre) but nowhere near the trainwreck of his last two.......both among the most unwatchable bullshit films of this decade.

Same kind of coincidental-criminal shit, some snappy dialogue (although this is where Guy pales in comparison badly to a guy like QT), more straight rock-oriented soundtrack than Lock/Stock or Snatch (which mixed in some ska/funk/old-school-r&b), lather/rinse/repeat.

No character really stood out much to me aside from Johnny Quid. Jeremy Piven had basically nothing to do and Luda was basically this film's 'token rapper in a useless role' that Andre was to Revolver.

A couple laughs. A couple cool sequences. Some decent music here or there. Too long for the type of movie it was......imdb is saying it was 2 hours but I swear the DVD version I saw last night was closer to two-and-a-half (or at least felt like that or closer to three).

The closing credits indicating this is part of a serial of films with this gang makes sense, because really I'm not sure Guy Ritchie can do any film outside of this niche nor does it seem he cares to prove otherwise at this point.

2.5 out of 5.