Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectNOPE! Voting is over.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=432106&mesg_id=432106
432106, NOPE! Voting is over.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Feb-10-09 06:13 PM
It's too laaaaaate (c) that song.

Here's the deal. You think the Academy is bound to get it wrong. They always do. Well, now it's our turn.

I want you to post up your 5 favorites in ten major categories-- Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor, Best Supporting Actress, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Original Screenplay, Best Cinematography and Best Visual Effects (a new SLA category).

I would also like you to rank these from best to worst-- 5 points for your favorite, 1 point for your 5th favorite. If you don't have 5 you enjoyed in a category, rank the ones you did find praiseworthy (example: Best Actress isn't the deepest field, so if you have only three performances you dug, give out 5, 4, and 3 points to those three).

I realize many of us live in cities that get limited release films much later, so you have up until two weeks from today (that's February 18th) to post your official selections. I will then add up the votes, The official Spilled Latte winners will be announced the day before the actual Oscars, so that we can brag the next day about how much better our list is.

Let's see them lists, people. Choose em, rank em, throw em up.

EDIT: By the way, PLEASE ONLY MAKE ONE LIST! Multiple amendments make it very very difficult for the person keeping track-- me. So wait if you want to... just don't dick me around with tons of changes.

EDIT #2: I'm gonna be deleting extraneous posts that have nothing to do with rule clarification or declaration of list formation. So if the post count suddenly drops, you'll know why, lol. Just clearin out the clutter to make my job easier.