Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subject(SPOILER)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=399819&mesg_id=407153
407153, (SPOILER)
Posted by ZooTown74, Fri Oct-10-08 12:27 PM
Actually, Guy has said that he'd like to make this a trilogy (btw, the sequel title card was what I was referring to as the "Oh, word?" surprise)

Again, people know what they're getting when they go see a Guy Richie movie... that is, when he isn't trying to "blow our minds" with "deep" chess allegories...

I didn't go in expecting anything other than guns, nice cars, some goofy "oh shit, a double cross!" plotting, some violence, (if I was lucky) some boobs, camera tricks, and a loud soundtrack... and I got almost all of that... you're certainly not going to remember any of it 24 hours later, but should we even be expected to?

I liked Lock, Stock.., but I only recall the final scene with the dude trying to reach the guns over the bridge because of the song that was used (Fool's Gold)... I liked Snatch, but only have a vague recollection of Brad Pitt adopting an intentionally bad accent as some kind of vagabond fighter...

Guy Richie is at his best at making variations of disposable laddie pictures... I'd rather look at them than Madge mugging it up for 90 minutes...