Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectFrom most to least:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=368254&mesg_id=368334
368334, From most to least:
Posted by stylez dainty, Fri May-02-08 11:56 AM
>Wall-E
>The Dark Knight
>Hancock
>Iron Man
>Hellboy 2

Questionable that I'll even see, but still somewhat interested:

>The Incredible Hulk
>Indiana Jones 4

Definitely won't catch in theaters, but maybe on DVD:

>Step Brothers
>Pineapple Express

The rest I would not consider a fun use of time.

Oh, I saw Prince Caspian last night. I actually liked the first film, but this was just a hunk of crap. First of all, the body count is like in the HUNDREDS, but the real annoying thing is how derivative it was. You'll see scenes and styles borrowed from, of course, Lord of the Rings (too many to list), but also Harry Potter (british school kids in magic train stations) Gladiator (Filming style, costumes, during a one on one duel to the death) and a bunch of cliches that I can't even trace back. And the Christian parallels bugged me in this, even though I liked them in the first one. The principles this one taught were more problematic. (SPOILER "Aslan appeared, I was the only one that saw him, and he told us all to walk off this cliff. C'mon everybody and show your faith!") Anyway, I hope this one goes down as a big fiasco, but it's probably too conventional for that, even though, damn they sure murk a lot of people for a kids movie.