Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectDamn fine movie (spoilers)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=235153&mesg_id=249731
249731, Damn fine movie (spoilers)
Posted by LA2Philly, Mon Jan-29-07 03:10 AM
First off, the cinematography was just excellent, and some great sets. Also, I really didnt expect this level of harsh reality...I mean all the executions and the torture and then the knife to the mouth or the bottle to the head...gotdamn, Del Toro seriously made it a point to differentiate between that fantasy and reality. However, that harsh reality is what really made the characters, esp the Captain, so real....they acted like real soldiers.

Great performances all around, just an excellent cast.

The only thing I was hoping for was more fantasy parts....I mean those parts were executed so well and the two quests she went on so enthralling, I really wish they woulda focused more on the fantasy(although I do understand that the movie really had to be reality-oriented considering they had to establish the characters and seriously contrast it with the fantasy world). The fantasy characters were SO well done, and I enjoyed those aspects so so much....can we get an offshoot all in the fantasyworld? lol. I just loved the fantasies so much, damnit.