Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: Only issue for me was Summer on Smash
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3040394&mesg_id=3040560
3040560, RE: Only issue for me was Summer on Smash
Posted by Anonymous, Sun Nov-20-22 07:33 PM
Life Is Good is similar to Doe Or Die 2 to me.

I do agree, I’ve had the album since day one with the bonus tracks… that should’ve easily replaced 4 songs on the album period.

That’s part of the problem.

I’m not a fan of the over-dramatic intro AT ALL.

And why is the first thing I hear “Justice League”? I don’t give a fuck about your over-produced production team. Type of arrogant shit is that is make your stamp be the first thing we hear on a fucking Nas album? Put that shit at the end of the track during the fade out.

Nasty should’ve opened the album. “Y’all ready for Nas? Y’all ready for Nasty Nas?” And then you fucking GO! Lol

A Queens Story… I love the lyrics but the beat is distracting. Not sure why producers haven’t yet learned that Nas needs to be the focal point and not your self-indulged over-produced bullshit.

Accident Murders? Still confused as to what the hell that is. Do they mean Accidental Murders? Are they murdering accidents? The fuck does that mean?

Reach Out… nah yo, Mary and Nas just don’t make dope shot apparently. Sure, it’s better than Braveheart Party but this shit is just off. Tired sample.

World’s An Addiction - this doesn’t work at all for me. At least kick the drums in on the hook. Don’t lead up to them just to never kick them in. Why? And again, it’s just over-produced. Truth is, outside of a few tracks, most notably Made You Look, Salaam is not a good producer for Nas.

Summer On Smash… I get it, everyone hates this. To me it’s actually not as much of a problem as some of the others because at least I can accept this for what it is, a club/commercial joint. And Nas is spitting on here! But yeah, it wasn’t even a single so why even make this? Lol

The rest I’m good with. Take off those 6 above and add the 4 bonus cuts as actual tracks as well as Trust and we have another absolute classic. And that’s the frustrating thing about Nas. With proper executive producing we could be looking at over 5 undeniable classics.