Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectFor real!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3040394&mesg_id=3040506
3040506, For real!
Posted by Anonymous, Tue Nov-15-22 10:54 PM
>My biggest gripe with that album was the Pete Rock beat
>sounded like it was mastered or
>mixed so much differently? I don’t know the technical
>aspects of that but it sounds quiet and flat compared to the
>other songs, and it drives me nuts because that would be my
>favorite track if it sounded fuller.

That song is so much lower and less dynamic than the other joints and it drives me crazy.

But the real thing that bothers me about Doe Or Die 2 is that there is something irritating about almost every track.

For instance, the intro is too long and the Idris thing has been done before so why do it again? Plus I hate the way he says “finish your food” at the end. Lol

The second joint is cool but the hook and beat just seem unfinished. Like it’s still a rough draft.

The Wheel… why is Jaheim on here and why does he get that wack ass verse? Also, what is the connection with Kay Gee? I’ve never heard of AZ rocking over some Naughty production before and this was pitched as some dope collabo. Shit, why not get a Treach verse? That would at least make sense to me.

The next joint has some random dude on the hook and I have no idea who he is or why he’s here.

I’m cool with the Ross joint but somewhat comes off as some low-budget Ross shit *shrugs*

Different is cool but nothing stands out and when you take this long for a follow-up EVERYTHING needs to stand out.

Lil Wayne and Conway… I’m good with this, except it sounds like nothing else on the album lol

Blow That Shit is my favorite beat on here… but why is it ruined with a Dave East feature? That hook ain’t it.

Bulletproof… ok, but I definitely don’t like the way the girl is singing on here and when she goes into the “bullet bullet bulletprooof” part I just hit skip.

The PR joint we already discussed… best song ruined by fucked up mastering

Time To Answer and Found My Niche… see my comment for Different.

And then to top it ALL off, we get a T-Pain feature at the end???!! Yo… for why?

And I don’t even dislike any of these songs… but all these things keep me from loving it.

And when you talk about working on Doe Or Die 2 for over a decade and release crazy joints leading up to it… you do not have room for error and there are mad errors.

I would’ve preferred for him to package the beats joints on here with the old singles he released during the decade-plus lead up. He definitely would have enough for a 13-15 joint classic with those.

And lastly, to take this long and not get a Primo beat or a Nas feature or a Raekwon feature is just not ok man. It’s not. This is the Doe Or Die sequel. I don’t want to hear Ross, Wayne, Dave East… they have nothing to do with that shit.

Lol… and I’m the resident AZ stan on here smh