Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectSame
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3039683&mesg_id=3041095
3041095, Same
Posted by mista k5, Fri Jan-06-23 02:44 PM
I find new music on streaming. I buy albums I love but keep streaming them. If I just listen to MP3s of albums I bought the artist gets $0 more money from my MP3 or vinyl plays but they do get something from the streams. Combined with it just being convenient to have all the music in one place its a no brainer.

If you ONLY stream then eh, I can see there being something to be mad about BUT it's better than when we were all only downloading MP3s and not buying any music. Not that EVERYONE was that way but way too many of us were.

There are definitely benefits to streaming for both the artist and fans even if the pay of it isn't one.

I think for me it would be great if artists could choose to limit how many times their music could be streamed before having to buy the album. That way you can pay for the new Black Star album upfront and just stream it as much as you'd like going forward. Buy it on bandcamp? Boom it unlocks it on streaming on all platforms.