Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: see, this is the kind of collab
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3039276&mesg_id=3039293
3039293, RE: see, this is the kind of collab
Posted by Numba_33, Wed Aug-24-22 07:34 AM
>that I would buy into without having heard a thing, just
>based on the strength of their respective back catalogs.
>
>I want this on wax... but both of these dudes have such rabid
>(and easily exploitable) fanbases that it takes the fun out of
>stuff. I'm not above spending more than I know I should for
>something every now and then, but I'm not about to stress
>myself out constantly refreshing a shop page for the privilege
>of paying $75 for a 1LP release.
>
>sorry for the rant, but this has been bothering me for a
>while, and it's the reason I pretty much stopped checking for
>Alc's output entirely. and even if I decided to go digital,
>Roc's got the album download for forty friggin' dollars on his
>site. c'mon, guys...

The low stock and small chance of getting a physical copy of an album thing is more a problem with Alchemist's web store releases than Roc Marciano's web store releases based on past experiences. If I'm not mistaken, I believe this is going to be sold on Marciano's website this Friday, so I'm hoping you won't have to go the hypebeast route (is that a phrase that is still used) to get a physical copy of the album. That's assuming you still have interest in getting a physical copy. If you don't, that cool as well.

The $40 price for the digital copy thing that Marciano does for each release is to combat what I'm assuming are the extremely low rates the more main stream digital streaming sites will pay Marciano for his stuff. On principal, I can understand why he'd want more dollars for his art. I forget which site does that, but I vaguely remember on paying fractions of a penny per song spin. That's beyond wild to me. However, I can't justify paying that much for digital material. I'm hoping I'll be able to get a physical copy of the album this Friday on Marciano's website.