Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI Want To Like It But I'm Not Feeling The Production
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3037853&mesg_id=3039268
3039268, I Want To Like It But I'm Not Feeling The Production
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Mon Aug-22-22 03:38 AM
I've "never" been a fan of Danger Mouse's production, I remember when I bought Jemini the Gifted One's 2nd album which DM produced and it was a let down, maybe I was expecting Jemini to spit over mid-90's type production instead, to me the production didn't fit but it wasn't bad just kind of boring.

Anyway, a year later Prince Po's first solo album came out and I hated DM's beats on it, overall the album was so lacking compared to the solo stuff he released on 12" singles years before even though he had beats from Madlib & J-Zone who I do like.

I basically gave up on him when he put out that remix of the Black Album, I personally can't listen to it, I never understood all the hype behind it, I still consider Kev Brown's & 9th's remixes of the Black Album the best I've heard out of all the ones that came out.

So back to BT's new album, yeah the rhyming is expected, the lyrics are top notch, but with him I want the old BT not the "let me spit some complex rhymes over any beat" type BT; for a long while I've been wondering does BT have the Nas syndrome where he can't pick good beats?

Overall, there were like 3 joints I did like but none of them nor will the album get any replay from me, I feel it's better stuff out there that keeps my interest.