Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: Most Men, is actually one of my favorite tracks of the year so far
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3036945&mesg_id=3036968
3036968, RE: Most Men, is actually one of my favorite tracks of the year so far
Posted by Hitokiri, Wed Mar-02-22 12:11 PM
Yeah I agree that the intro seems very specific and then the song becomes more general lyrically, but that beat, the melody, and the way she sings those more general lyrics works really well for me. And it's an easy and fun sing-a-long, that like you mentioned, just sounds great. I do feel you on the fade out, though. On more than one occasion i've been listening to it in the car and have gone to turn it up before realizing it's the fade lol

And I think I read somewhere that the reason there was such a long time between Conexao and 3DD was because Amber was trying to figure out what her sound would be. That tracks with all that she was doing on this album. I think she, along with a whole host of young singers would do really well to find a single producer or maybe a couple work with them in crafting their albums. Like D'Mile did with Lucky Daye's first album.

I kinda appreciate that take on Yebba's album, too. I was really looking forward to that one before it came out, and ended up pretty disappointed in it. I think it's probably largely do to the genre hopping and lack of focus.