Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI don’t know the whole story, but it started with Ellay Khule
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3034443&mesg_id=3034451
3034451, I don’t know the whole story, but it started with Ellay Khule
Posted by mrhood75, Mon Sep-06-21 11:29 AM
Kweli and Khule got into it for reasons that I don’t know, so I can’t speculate who was initially “wrong” or “right.” Things escalated to the point where Khule made some homophobic comments about Kweli. And then it kept on going.

Myka had said he was staying out of it, because he was cool with both of them. Kweli got pissed that Myka didn’t “check” Khule for dissing him and started saying about Myka as well.

The whole thing died down for a while, until Kweli’s song came out, which also targeted Myka. Then things started to go even more ugly.

Honestly, I find the whole thing sad, at least on the Kweli/Myka end. Like you said, the two uses to be roommates, and Kweli had Myka on the Radio Silence album. Kweli in the past has said how much Myka was an influence to him and how Park Bench People made him reevaluate his whole approach to music.

I’ll also add that this whole situation is sorta similar to the beef five years ago between Kweli and Remedy (Remedy was clearly In the wrong in that one) and RA the Rugged Man got caught in the middle. That one kind of petered out.