Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectIt's Been A Silent Beef Between WTC Members Vs. Wu-Affiliates
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3034163&mesg_id=3034181
3034181, It's Been A Silent Beef Between WTC Members Vs. Wu-Affiliates
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Wed Aug-25-21 09:31 PM
...for mad years, cause even though each Wu-Tang Clan member have their own crew/circle, most of them have felt for years that RZA has had given too many artists the freedom to be a Wu-Affiliate when some aren't looked at the same way by the other eight members.

I remember in a video/interview Method Man had about that infamous/mysterious "Once Upon A Time In Shaolin" album, he said he don't know or fuck with RZA's erron boy Cilvaringz, and the only affiliates he associate with is Killarmy, Sunz Of Man, and of course his homie Streetlife.

We know about Ghostface's crew Theordore Unit (which Cappadonna & Trife are apart of), and then Raekwon's American Cream Team that changed to Ice Water, Inspectah Deck is doing music with 7L & Esoteric as Czarface, U-God has the Hillside Scramblers (which King Just is apart of).

Shyheim is Ghostface's cousin and Shyheim is down with GP-Wu even though in recent years they have been trying to tell people that they aren't not really wu-affiliates but just happen to be from the same town, got wu in their name, and have close ties with Wu-Tang Clan members...uummm okay, whatever is clever, (I think Pop The Brown Hornet always had a chip on his shoulder about Wu-Tang getting popular before his crew).

Basically some people see these wu-affiliates as flunkies while some see a few of the artists and/or groups as decent acts that keep the Wu-Tang sound going; to me the stuff Mathematics, Royal Fam, Shabazz The Disciple, Black Market Militia, Buddha Monk (Brooklyn Zoo), JoJo Pellegrino, & etc.

I heard the audio where Shyheim said his albums were better than Nore's well I will say Noreaga's first album was dope and the first CNN album is a classic but Shy's first two albums were dope as well, but personally I think both artists are in two different lanes and Mickey Factz not liking some of the wu-affiliates is just him, it's not like it has to be written in stone that just cause they are affiliates that we must respect them like the main group WTC.