Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectShyne is now a Belizean Congressperson
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3033438&mesg_id=3033438
3033438, Shyne is now a Belizean Congressperson
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Thu Jul-15-21 11:17 PM
I was in a deep Twitter rabbithole and stumbled upon a Tweet from Jalen Rose, mentioning a panel he was hosting. I saw Shyne's name with the salutation, Honorable.

I thought Shyne joined the Nation. After doing some quick research, it turns out that Shyne was elected as a Congressperson last year.

Talk about a turnaround. He's literally been on both side of the law. Major props to him.

------------------------------------------------------------

While serving his prison sentence, Shyne became interested in Judaism, and later became observant, practicing Orthodox Judaism, officially changing his name to Moses Michael Levi Barrow in 2006. After being released from prison in 2009, he was deported to Belize. He has since been appointed the country's Ambassador of Music charged with the sustainable development of the music industry in Belize and has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to develop it.

Shyne was elected to the Belizean House of Representatives at the 2020 general election, and, as of July 24, 2021, he serves as the leader of the UDP party in Belize.