Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI've never had a pressing from them that I truly enjoyed
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3033389&mesg_id=3033404
3033404, I've never had a pressing from them that I truly enjoyed
Posted by mista k5, Tue Jul-13-21 05:45 PM
Some have been okay but they usually disappoint. There is hope that they will use the same plates as VMP since VMP has their own version but that is not confirmed. The VMP one is only the standard album on colored vinyl.

The main reason I think VMP might have their own plates is since they are advertising it as mastered at half speed. It could just be that there's an agreement to only let VMP advertise that on their own release even though it would be the same plates for all the releases.

I have never had a VMP pressing I didn't enjoy. I know some have been no better than other releases but they have always been good.

The only reason I'm tempted to get the Get on Down one is for the packaging. Gatefold with the printed inner sleeves would be nice. The 7" is a nice bonus.

I would guess that the quality on this one will be good and the same from all the sellers. Probably the same packaging too. VMP has a small chance of sounding different and will probably only be a standard jacket with their stamp. If I didn't already have a subscription for VMP I might roll the dice on the Get on Down one, a rare exemption.