Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subject“Curated By Hov”: JAY-Z Makes His Own Best Of Nas Playlist - OKP
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3032200&mesg_id=3032200
3032200, “Curated By Hov”: JAY-Z Makes His Own Best Of Nas Playlist - OKP
Posted by c71, Sat May-01-21 12:09 PM
https://www.okayplayer.com/music/jay-z-nas-playlist-tidal.html

1. The Genesis

2. N.Y. state of mind

3. Life's a b****

4. Verbal intercourse

5. The Message

6. Street dreams

7. Made you look

8. hate me now

9. half time

10. If I ruled the world

11. we major

12. The world is yours

13. The world is yours (Tip mix)

14. it ain't hard to tell

15. I gave you power

16. eye for an eye

17. Memory lane

18. one love (featuring Q-tip)

19. Car #85

20. Affirmative actioni

21. Cop shot the kid

22. phone tap

23. project windows

24. one mic

“Curated By The god Hov”: JAY-Z Makes His Own Best Of Nas Playlist
MUSIC - 1 DAY AGO

ELIJAH C. WATSON

Elijah Watson serves as Okayplayer's News & Culture Editor.

JAY-Z Makes His Own Best Of Nas Playlist

JAY-Z curated a 24-track playlist highlighting some of Nas’ most popular songs.

JAY-Z has shared a Tidal playlist dedicated to Nas‘ most popular songs. On Thursday morning, the Tidal Twitter account shared the playlist, which is titled, “Curated by the god Hov: NaS.”

The 24-track playlist, which runs close to two hours, encompasses tracks from Nas’ debut Illmatic to his latest release King’s Disease. The playlist also includes some of his feature appearances, like Raekwon’s “Verbal Intercourse” and Kany West’s “We Major.”

The playlist comes ahead of the release of DJ Khaled’s Khaled Khaled album, which includes a track called “SORRY NOT SORRY” featuring both JAY-Z and Nas. The two MCs have collaborated on just three tracks together: “Black Republicans” from Nas’ Def Jam debut Hip-Hop is Dead, “Success” from Jay-Z’s American Gangster album, and Ludacris’ “I Do it For Hip-Hop.” Jay later added a verse to Jeezy’s “My President” remix, and many years before, an unreleased Nas verse was added to “Analyze This,” a collaboration between Jay, Lord Tariq, and Shaquille O’Neal.

In related news, Eminem recently shared how he owns an unopened copy of Illmatic on cassette tape that he paid between $500 and $600 for.

“I think it’s backstock from what records stores had in the back storage,” he said during an appearance on the Clubhouse app to promote his ShadyCon event. “The tapes that never sold and they just kept them. That’s the only thing I can think of. Cause nobody’s going to have a f—ing Illmatic tape and not open it.”