Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: top few
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3032076&mesg_id=3035390
3035390, RE: top few
Posted by thebigfunk, Thu Nov-04-21 08:43 AM
>Joyce Wrice - Overgrown

Was a bit let down with this one but I need to go back and give it some more time. Makes me feel old as hell to admit, too, but the Freddie and Westside features made me think, "Now why'd you have to go and ruin a perfectly good cut with some crass overly-explicit shit?" Wasn't as bad as that Raheem Devaughn album - which for me bordered on a caricature of r&b, lyrically - but it just makes me want to change the track if it feels like it comes out of nowhere/out of place.

>Damu the Fudgemunk - Conversation Piece
>Madlib - Sound Ancestors
>Kiefer - When There's Love Around

Not sure if these will make my absolute top albums list but they're definitely some favorites of the year for me. Still digging into that Damu though. Was glad Kiefer released the full-length because that EP he dropped earlier wasn't really doing it for me. This one though is really solid.

>Cleo Sol - Mother

Absolutely, no question. Every time I listen again I hear more and more that is new. Just beautiful and beautifully done.

>Telemakus - The New Heritage

Just heard this the other day and enjoyed it. They're new to me so excited to go back for another spin.

>Alfa Mist - Bring Backs

Will admit that this didn't do a lot for me but need to spend some time with it. I'm starting to think I'm just not a fan and that's fine.

-thebigfunk

~ i could still snort you under the table ~