Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: KRIT put those first few on Spotify….replayed
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3030645&mesg_id=3036043
3036043, RE: KRIT put those first few on Spotify….replayed
Posted by jimaveli, Mon Dec-27-21 10:31 AM
>and it sucks.
>
>Those real albums are CLASSICS.
>
>I appreciate his efforts. But nah. I can’t listen to
>that.
>
>This is why this is important. Those albums on Spotify are
>NOT the real albums. And they’re not as good. If you’re
>35+ you’ve probably got gold on the hard drive of an old ass
>computer, that will completely fall through the cracks of time
>over the next few decades. Don’t let this shit die!

I've been slowly going through my collection, searching it for holes artist by artist, and trying to fill them in on two different hard drives that were not 100% 1 to 1 when I started. So we're talking about me ripping CDs and trying to get tags together in 2021! I'm also trying to add these songs to a collection for my controller since I finally bit THAT bullet earlier this year. It is a lot of clerical work for sure but it can be fun when its not annoying and brutal!

Remember when going over 128 or 190 was like announcing to the world that you were trying to run out of space on a hard drive? Now I'm doing 256 and 320 without flinching! Haha.

This process has also made it crystal clear to me that Curren$y has a ridiculous amount of music. Sure, a bunch of his releases hover around 30 minutes, but still..it is crazy that Pilot Talk 1 and 2 came out in the same year for instance. But I cannot have Covert Coup, Carrollton Heist, or even Fetti trying to disappear on me. Oh hell naw!