Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI think he never should have signed with Wyclef
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3030601&mesg_id=3030744
3030744, I think he never should have signed with Wyclef
Posted by herbiehowsermc, Mon Mar-15-21 08:33 AM
I know this is a controversial take LOL. He sounded like he had great chemistry on the Lost Boyz album with them and A+ and Redman. Maybe that was just a one time thing and was never meant to be more than those songs.

I always figured he stopped working with them because Wyclef came around and offered him more money and exposure. Can-i-bus was nothing like any of his highly appreciated cameos. I liked it personally but was definitely disappointed that it was nothing like anything we were expecting. It was a little too watered down and a little bit too commercial friendly. He should have assembled a great lineup of producers and tried to go in an illmatic-type route but with a lot of features. I guess he probably didn't have the budget to do that. But I imagine a lot of great producers and emcees would have given him a discount to be on a project like that because he had so much hype at the time.

Then I think he tried to course correct too much and by then not many people cared about him. I like a couple of songs off his 2nd album but that was even more disappointing if that's even possible.