Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectfollow up question: how do you handle new music in playlists?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3030205&mesg_id=3030493
3030493, follow up question: how do you handle new music in playlists?
Posted by mista k5, Wed Feb-24-21 11:32 AM
if you only listen to full albums and dont mess with playlists then this doesnt apply.

for those that do make playlists and listen primarily through playlists. how do you mix songs that are on streaming with those that are not? is there an app that will let you make a playlist with songs on streaming and songs that arent on streaming that you can share with others?

i know with google play music i could make playlists with local files, files i uploaded and songs that were on streaming. i couldnt share them though. at least not the songs that werent on streaming.

with youtube music its kind of worse. i cant seem to make a playlist that includes local or uploaded files with songs on streaming. might be because im using a brand account but im using the brand account so i can share playlist. i have found some unofficial uploads of albums on youtube but those could go down whenever and they wouldnt support the artist right?

so if an album or song isnt on streaming i rarely go back to it if i even find out about it.

before i got on streaming i was downloading most music. i would sometimes buy digital albums. if i couldnt find a good download for an album i just skipped it.

im thinking maybe i can try to start using streaming mostly to discover new music and buy all the music i really like so i just go back to local playlists but thats kind of cumbersome.

i might just need to use a better streaming app.

just listened to the drawn up project by j-live on bandcamp and its one of his better projects. glad he at least has paint a picture on streaming but would love to add different name on playlists too.

https://realjlive.bandcamp.com/album/drawn-up-2