Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI can't trust hip-hop fans who don't have any regional bias.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3029999&mesg_id=3029999
3029999, I can't trust hip-hop fans who don't have any regional bias.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Feb-03-21 02:55 PM
Like if someone tells you that there favorite rapper is Jadakiss and E-40, I am going to side-eye them (unless they grew up in the Bay and then moved to NYC).

I mean we should be able to appreciate the diversity in hip-hop, but the too short - E-40 versus had me side eyeing a lot of East Coast hiph-hop fans acting like they really can ride deep with 40 Bay Area songs. (though I can see Southerners being Too Short fans).

It's great when UGK and Jay-Z can come together on a track, but they both can't be too of your favorite rappers.

I mean you can love superstars like Snoop and Nas, but once you go into more regional acts, it seems like you are just being agreeable if you say you love Freeway and SugaFree.

Respect all hip-hop, but I think someone would be lying if they tell you that they LOVE all regional hip-hop the same.

Does that make sense or am I just making up new reasons to hate?

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"