Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: Smfh
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3029901&mesg_id=3030226
3030226, RE: Smfh
Posted by mista k5, Fri Feb-12-21 10:44 AM
oddly enough after giving it a listen yesterday i like it more than i ever have.

really the 8 songs i listed are ones that i didnt keep in rotation back when i first heard it. so going through it yesterday i realized how much better it is than i remember. i think at least half of those 8 songs would move to no way i would cut them after more listens. i dont know why i didnt keep them in rotation before.

i am realizing that as much as i thought i was someone that listened to albums its mostly not true. i would usually pick my favorites after a listen or two and rarely go back to other songs except for my favorite albums.

so the songs i didnt list i would definitely look to put in a best of gang starr. the 8 i listed i might not, mostly due to how many great songs they have. i do think some of them might make the cut though.

basically every beat is great on the album, even militia. i think that one just doesnt hit me because of how many other great beats in that style primo has. basically every verse is dope too, i knocked itz a set up. maybe it isnt great, it wasnt bad.

so its all in the hooks, there are some hooks that are not my style and some that are kind of bad. these is in regards to the first 5 songs i listed.

the other 8 i listed and the 7 i didnt are all great to me and would be my perfect moment of truth. those 7 are the ones that i shake my head at if someone would cut.