Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: Cut 4 songs off Moment Of Truth
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3029901&mesg_id=3029908
3029908, RE: Cut 4 songs off Moment Of Truth
Posted by Ishwip, Thu Jan-28-21 01:39 PM
I don't think any of these songs are wack and when I play MoT I let the whole album ride, but....:

Robbin Hood Theory - different lane for Premo, but a little too simplistic for me.

She Knowz - could argue it gives the album a change of pace being that it's not boom-bap like the rest of the songs. I always felt it sounded like it belonged on another album.

New York Strait Talk - I love the scratches on this one, not a bad beat at all, just isn't essential for me.

The Mall - you knew this was coming haha. Honestly, it's only the chorus I don't like, but this would be my fourth removal.

Bonus removal: most/all of the skits. When this album dropped in 1998 I accidently bought the clean version and it doesn't include any of the skits. That clean version is what I listened to for a couple of years before eventually rebuying a used version of the proper album and I prefer the flow of the clean version by far.

__
I don't like the beat anymore because its just a loop. ALC didn't FLIP IT ENOUGH!

Flip it enough? Flip these. Flip off. Go flip some f*cking burgers.(c)Kno

Allied State of the National Electric Beat Treaty Organization (NEBTO)