Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectlet me try
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3029069&mesg_id=3029081
3029081, let me try
Posted by mista k5, Thu Dec-17-20 10:55 AM
tldr:
92ish - eazy/snoop/dre
95ish - bone/pac
98ish - cypress (i guess breal)
00ish - eminem/rakim
02ish - gift of gab/slick rick/common/del/3k
04ish - k-os
10ish - pos
15ish - lupe/royce/pos
18ish - one be lo/kota/pos
2020 - skyzoo

i think i lean on the younger side on okp so i was late to many

i think the first rapper i was into was eazy-e, then snoop and dre. this was right around the release of the chronic. for a few years any of them were my favorite then snoop held on to it.

bone thugs took it for a couple years. then i went through my pac years. when he died things changed. i remember there was a lot of talk about the next pac and i wasnt feeling a lot of the new artists being propped up.

i think i filled the hole with cypress until i found an artist i could get behind. eminem had to be the next one. i know we were all into 2001 but i latched on to eminem for his first two albums.

then my cousin put me onto rakim and since then hes my undisputed GOAT. that said he hasnt been my favorite at every given moment.

the gift of gab took it with blazing arrow. j-live and a few others made a good run at it. i got into slick rick around here too and hes held the spot here and there. hes probably my absolute favorite style wise.

i think common took it for a while once i dug into his catalog.

right around then my love for de la started but not favorite yet. i think for a while del had it and he keeps popping back in and out of my favorite spot.

3k had it for a couple of years.

i think the next one was k-os and it only grew with each album until black on blonde.

i think i disconnected a bit from music at this point, just focused on older music. i remember i was listening to a lot of brother ali but not sure hes ever reached my favorite level, he is dope tho.

lupe brought me back in and took that favorite spot for a while until royce decided to stop playing.

through the past 10 years my love for de la has multiplied so pos did take the spot around this time too.

one be lo had been on the cusp since sonogram but his recent output has put him as a fav in the past couple of years.

kota is the newest one that has held it.

skyzoo probably has it this year.