Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectnot sure if filler is the right word
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3028902&mesg_id=3029044
3029044, not sure if filler is the right word
Posted by mista k5, Tue Dec-15-20 07:04 PM
i wanted to use flawed but that has its own issues. ill say songs that i dont love. for atliens i pretty much lose interest after elevators. all the songs through elevators are perfect. the beats are awesome, verses great and dope hooks.

the exception of those is jazzy belle, the hook is kind off to me and i dont love the song as a whole as much most people seem to. the beat and verses arent the problems. id say the lyrics are definitely the highlight of the song. i would still say its a great song and worthy of being in a best of list.

for the rest its basically the same theme, the beats and verses stay great but some songs are brought down by the hooks.

i think the hook for ova da wudz is straight up bad. the babylon one is awkward if not straight forgettable. decatur psalm hook is also pretty eh.

the millennium hook is basically filler lol. its not too bad, it works fine but its not a great hook.

e.t. hook is also pretty eh.

so songs i dont love from atliens
ova da wudz
babylon
decatur psalm
millenium
e.t.

i could understand people saying they love the beat of any of those or that the lyrics are their favorite but the hooks bring those songs down for me. only one of those id consider putting on an outkast mix would be millenium.

my "illmatic" of atliens would be the full album minus those tracks and the elevators remix (its not bad but doesnt beat the original)