Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: + THE LESSON's Best Of 2020 Post +
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3028716&mesg_id=3028827
3028827, RE: + THE LESSON's Best Of 2020 Post +
Posted by rhymesandammo, Mon Dec-07-20 01:02 PM
01. FAVORITE 2020 ALBUMS

Poppy - I Disagree
Taylor Swift - folklore
The Koreatown Oddity - Little Dominique's Nosebleed
Elzhi - Seven Times Down, Eight Times Up
Aesop Rock - Spirit World Field Guide
Ka - Descendants Of Cain
Roc Marciano - Mt. Marci
Stove God Cook$ - Reasonable Drought
Count Bass D - CBD
BigKlit - Klitorious B.I.G.

02. SONGS YOU RAN INTO THE GROUND

Somehow, "Marsh" by Eminem is my most played song of 2020. The album was nothing to write home about, but "Marsh" is fun and his verse on "I Will" is probably the best Eminem verse I've heard in years.

03. WHAT ALBUM SURPRISED YOU?

Poppy - I Disagree. Never heard this artist before and certainly wasn't expecting her to make my favorite album of the year.

04. WHAT ARTIST WERE YOU LOOKING FOR, BUT DIDN'T SHOW UP?

Francis & The Lights, who was supposed to drop an album on December 29th of last year but pushed it back. As of this writing there's been zero movement in the last 11 months.

05. WHAT ARTIST DID YOU DISCOVER THIS YEAR (new or old)?

H.A.W.K.

06. WHO ARE YOU LOOKING FOR IN 2021?

Nobody in particular.

07. WHAT ALBUM DID PEOPLE OVERLOOK?

The L.O.X. - Living Off Xperience

08. WHAT NEW GENRE DID YOU EXPLORE THIS YEAR?

Not a new genre as I grew up on it via New York radio, but I went down a serious Italo Disco rabbit hole.

09. WHAT'S THE 1ST LIVE SHOW YOU WANT TO GO TO ONCE THIS IS ALL OVER?

Taylor Swift & WWE WrestleMania, both at SoFi Stadium here in LA. Was planning on going to both events at the new stadium to see Taylor for the first time and take in my first WrestleMania, but... *gestures at the state of the world*

10. WHAT RELEASE DISAPPOINTED YOU?

A Written Testimony, but he made up for it with Act II. The worst album I heard all year was either T.R.U. University, 2 Chainz's compilation album, or the most recent Justin Bieber album, but I had no expectations for those going in.