Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectAs a white guy, you can't bring the necessary perspective to said discussion
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3028021&mesg_id=3028219
3028219, As a white guy, you can't bring the necessary perspective to said discussion
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Wed Nov-04-20 11:50 AM
You're not the one dealing with "Black men are trash" or "White people of Black people" hashtags and (non)think(ing)pieces that have zero basis in the statistical reality. There's a lot of backlash coming from Black men about all of this. The community and culture we exist in and our experience of it isn't something you get enough to be trying to critique. #BlameBlackMen didn't come from nowhere. I understand you don't really gaf, because while you fuck with our creativity, you're quick to take opportunities to attack us if it means brownie points with Black women.

>My concern with it is that covering that topic, you can’t
>just ignore the other side of it because in doing so you then
>give some of these fucked up dudes the idea that they fit this
>scenario.

Any "fucked up dude" is gonna be fucked up with or without this song. Just like you listened and thought the guy could take responsibility, other men can do the same.
Funny how we can understand that "gangsta rap" isn't to blame for social ills but suddenly this song is gonna make grown men (who are old enough to be listening to Busta Rhymes) duck accountability.

>I just would’ve loved to see them both take a look in the
>mirror and take accountability because 9 times out of 10, the
>shit goes both ways and the petty shit is at the cost of the
>kids.

You don't know what the ratio is. Even if you did, this situation could be the 10%. That would make more sense why it sounds odd, since you'd only hear it 10% of the time. But situations like this are much more common than that. Black women were incentivized to remove Black men from the home a long time ago. Again, this is the kind of thing you don't care to look into. Way deeper than you're willing to go. You just want to stay on the surface and judge Black men and women through the same lense that you judge white folks, even though our American experience is damn near opposite.