Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectBusta and Kendrick got one!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3028021
3028021, Busta and Kendrick got one!
Posted by DJR, Thu Oct-29-20 02:19 PM
Nottz, man. Nottz. SMH.

http://youtu.be/Yl_-3oSlWaU
3028025, This was alright. But...
Posted by Marbles, Thu Oct-29-20 03:08 PM

That groove in the first 30+ seconds of the YouTube link? I hope they used that on another song on this album. That was dope as hell.
3028067, right?? they hit you with that 30 sec shit
Posted by The3rdOne, Fri Oct-30-20 11:26 AM
just like kendrick hit us with that intro on the Alright video
3028026, I like this.
Posted by Brew, Thu Oct-29-20 03:24 PM
I wish the album title was different. But this song is good.
3028041, they spitting
Posted by tariqhu, Thu Oct-29-20 08:48 PM
not sure I'm feeling the chorus. glad to see busta's not just fast rapping.
3028068, glad to see busta not overusing the N word in his fast flows too.
Posted by The3rdOne, Fri Oct-30-20 11:27 AM
that shit used to be like crab cake filler to me
3028045, Even watered-down-Nottz still knocks
Posted by hammam, Thu Oct-29-20 09:06 PM
also, this song has apparently been out since 2013 or something, which is crazy to me because i don't possibly see how i could've missed this after all these years. can't wait to hear ele 2.
3028046, Nottz and Busta are perfect together
Posted by Anonymous, Thu Oct-29-20 09:49 PM
The first 3 joints on ELE prove that and this is just further proof.

They should do an entire album.
3028047, sheeiit, Busta and Bell Biv Devoe got one
Posted by murderbear, Thu Oct-29-20 11:34 PM
i wanna see queensflip murder someone in his car to this
3028048, RE: sheeiit, Busta and qtip got one
Posted by murderbear, Thu Oct-29-20 11:38 PM
shit is beautiful.
3028107, That Busta and Q-Tip joint is NICE
Posted by DJR, Sat Oct-31-20 01:09 PM
I assume that’s the one Focus... did.

3028145, Correct
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Mon Nov-02-20 12:11 PM
>I assume that’s the one Focus... did.
>
>
3028064, MAN!!
Posted by double 0, Fri Oct-30-20 11:21 AM
That shit is so dope!!!!!!!

just gotta stand up and clap to those chops
3028049, this Busta album is flames
Posted by makaveli, Thu Oct-29-20 11:47 PM
Damn.
3028065, It is. Thoroughly
Posted by ProgressiveSound, Fri Oct-30-20 11:22 AM
3028050, Album could have been shaved down to about 13 tracks
Posted by daskap, Fri Oct-30-20 02:13 AM
Busta has had this problem for years with his inability to trim the fat. For the most part he sounded better vocally and flow wise than he has sounded on those recent Griselda and Roc Marciano features.
3028072, Maybe 16-17. Not much fat on this joint to trim.
Posted by WarriorPoet415, Fri Oct-30-20 12:15 PM
Lots of quality tracks. Only obvious cuts are the joint with Mariah and that short joint by Swizz. After that, you're cutting joints that are at least pretty good.

"To Each His Reach"

but.....

Fuck aliens.
3028051, refreshing to hear an album like this in 2020.
Posted by Reeq, Fri Oct-30-20 07:29 AM
im glad bus aint try to make a 'modern' album.
3028052, i like anderson paak but no way that song shoulda been the single.
Posted by Reeq, Fri Oct-30-20 07:37 AM
he had better options to choose from.
3028053, On repeat....ALL FUCKIN MORNIN!
Posted by chincheckin, Fri Oct-30-20 07:47 AM
3028055, it leaked a few years ago. Kendrick sounds much younger
Posted by atruhead, Fri Oct-30-20 08:18 AM
3028056, Ha I didn't know it leaked years ago but ..
Posted by Brew, Fri Oct-30-20 09:22 AM
... as I listened to it yesterday I was thinking that it was refreshing to hear Kendrick take it back to his old flow.

Now it makes some more sense.
3028066, Yeah...Busta somehow finagled one of Kendrick's throwaways
Posted by The3rdOne, Fri Oct-30-20 11:25 AM
to being one of his lead singles..
3028109, Yeah didn’t know that....no wonder I liked Kendrick’s verse so much
Posted by DJR, Sat Oct-31-20 01:11 PM
3028060, They both did their thing
Posted by EAS, Fri Oct-30-20 10:33 AM
But Kendrick's cadence....loved it. Had the screw face for most of the verse. And to think it was several years old is dope.
Liked Busta's too but Kendrick stole the show.
Bout to listen again.
3028073, Just gonna leave this right here...
Posted by spidey, Fri Oct-30-20 01:39 PM
Imagine if your boy Nas decided to get these same producers for his album? Instead he get's hit boy...lol...shame really. Oh, and this Busta knocks...
3028106, Overall.....I like Nas album better
Posted by DJR, Sat Oct-31-20 12:18 PM
I mean, this is like one of those late 90s albums where if you take the best 10-12 songs it’s a “classic”. Nas made a lot of those.

The best beats here(Nottz did most of them, Focus, 9th, and Premier) are better than any on Nas album. But Nas doesn’t have anything flat out trash like that Mariah joint, so?

3028119, RE: Overall.....I like Nas album better
Posted by spidey, Sat Oct-31-20 06:26 PM
Can't call it, I dig the Mariah track...and this right here...forgetaboutit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvoXkDckLkI

Production is stellar throughout...
3028120, Agree with “Dont Go”, that is flames
Posted by DJR, Sat Oct-31-20 06:46 PM
Really like Look Over Your Shoulder and the one with Mary J. I believe Nottz did both of them. And the 9th Wonder track is fire too, as is the BBD Poison flip.

I’d probably take all of those beats over anything on Nas album.

But nah, that Mariah track and the track with Ross? Garbage.

Nas’s album didn’t have as high of highs or as low of lows. Something to be said for the consistency of a one producer album....even if I’d rather that one producer be somebody else. Still, Hit Boy did fairly well.

Personally glad we got both albums. Maybe with everyone else doing one producer albums, we needed this Busta album with an all star lineup? Variety in the game is a good thing. I like both albums.
3028087, The track w/ Rapsody (prod. 9th Wonder) is my fav of what I listened to
Posted by Oak27, Fri Oct-30-20 03:52 PM
3028092, Yeah that one is a head nodder (Best I Can)
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri Oct-30-20 05:36 PM
3028108, Yes, 9th still knows how to make those vocal samples TALK
Posted by DJR, Sat Oct-31-20 01:11 PM
That’s one of my favorites too.
3028137, nobody finds the content on 'The Best I Can' strange?
Posted by stone_phalanges, Mon Nov-02-20 07:50 AM
Rapsody essentially writes a dis track in the voice of the baby mama, but like she's dissing herself? Did Busta Rhymes tell her to write that? It just seems so personal and exclusively from the perspective of Busta Rhymes. I feel like it would be really hard for her to write that verse.
3028144, No.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Mon Nov-02-20 11:33 AM
She's speaking from the perspective of babymama, essentially saying she fucked up and did babydaddy wrong. Are we so gone now that it sounds unbelievable to hear a Black woman to take accountability for her mistakes?
3028153, Wow
Posted by Anonymous, Mon Nov-02-20 03:22 PM
3028178, It's weird because it's Rapsody...
Posted by stone_phalanges, Tue Nov-03-20 11:16 AM
and it's basically a verse of her shitting on herself, but as another person.
3028179, Since when is self-reflection and recognizing mistakes
Posted by Oak27, Tue Nov-03-20 11:21 AM
shitting on yourself?

What I heard was Rapsody rapping as a fictional character reflecting on her past and accepting blame and recognizing she could have been better.

That said... The Busta verse that follows kind of makes it *too* much of a one way street when it comes to admitting mistakes. I would have preferred Busta's verse to also take some blame in the situation rather than him being the victim who never did a thing wrong.

But that's obv not the story they were trying to tell with the song.
3028196, Exactly.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Tue Nov-03-20 01:43 PM
Owning mistakes is "shitting on yourself"? In what world?

>What I heard was Rapsody rapping as a fictional character
>reflecting on her past and accepting blame and recognizing she
>could have been better.

Same thing I heard. Hell, that's exactly what it is.

>That said... The Busta verse that follows kind of makes it
>*too* much of a one way street when it comes to admitting
>mistakes. I would have preferred Busta's verse to also take
>some blame in the situation rather than him being the victim
>who never did a thing wrong.
>
>But that's obv not the story they were trying to tell with the
>song.

Yeah I expected that from him verse. Guess Busta either wanted to get some shit off his chest or wanted to show that sometimes it just be the woman on the BS. Doesn't always have to be a man at fault. Dude speculated above that Busta gave her that verse. My guess is he told her what kind of verse he wanted and she wrote it. Rapsody definitely doesn't need Busta to write her a verse and I doubt she'd even want him to. She's an emcee. If you're gonna ask a woman to write a fictional verse of introspection, Rapsody is the right woman to ask because she has the skill to do it effectively.

3028203, That isn't how it came off to me.
Posted by stone_phalanges, Tue Nov-03-20 03:49 PM
It didn't feel introspective it felt like what Busta Rhymes would have said about his baby mama, and pretty hollow at that. It litteraly feels like you could copy paste the word 'I' with 'you'. I'm not saying the song is bad or devoid of truth. Just weird.

Maybe it was a failing of Rapsody's writing. I could see it being an awkward verse to write.
3028210, I’ve had discussions about this song...
Posted by Anonymous, Tue Nov-03-20 07:32 PM
It was a frustrating song for me.

During Rapsody’s verse my initial thought was “why did she sign up to be the voice of fucked up women?”

Then while she kept going I was thinking “ahh Busta is gonna come in a own up to his mistakes as the man and this is going to be one of the best songs of all-times n shit!”

Then Busta came in and I was disappointed as hell lol

I get the story they were going for and 100% there are situations exactly like the one they wrote about.

My concern with it is that covering that topic, you can’t just ignore the other side of it because in doing so you then give some of these fucked up dudes the idea that they fit this scenario.

And we know there are dudes out there that are deserving of some of the shit they get.

I just would’ve loved to see them both take a look in the mirror and take accountability because 9 times out of 10, the shit goes both ways and the petty shit is at the cost of the kids.

I thought that would’ve been a powerful ass message.
3028212, Agreed.....Busta is a dick though
Posted by DJR, Tue Nov-03-20 08:07 PM
3028219, As a white guy, you can't bring the necessary perspective to said discussion
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Wed Nov-04-20 11:50 AM
You're not the one dealing with "Black men are trash" or "White people of Black people" hashtags and (non)think(ing)pieces that have zero basis in the statistical reality. There's a lot of backlash coming from Black men about all of this. The community and culture we exist in and our experience of it isn't something you get enough to be trying to critique. #BlameBlackMen didn't come from nowhere. I understand you don't really gaf, because while you fuck with our creativity, you're quick to take opportunities to attack us if it means brownie points with Black women.

>My concern with it is that covering that topic, you can’t
>just ignore the other side of it because in doing so you then
>give some of these fucked up dudes the idea that they fit this
>scenario.

Any "fucked up dude" is gonna be fucked up with or without this song. Just like you listened and thought the guy could take responsibility, other men can do the same.
Funny how we can understand that "gangsta rap" isn't to blame for social ills but suddenly this song is gonna make grown men (who are old enough to be listening to Busta Rhymes) duck accountability.

>I just would’ve loved to see them both take a look in the
>mirror and take accountability because 9 times out of 10, the
>shit goes both ways and the petty shit is at the cost of the
>kids.

You don't know what the ratio is. Even if you did, this situation could be the 10%. That would make more sense why it sounds odd, since you'd only hear it 10% of the time. But situations like this are much more common than that. Black women were incentivized to remove Black men from the home a long time ago. Again, this is the kind of thing you don't care to look into. Way deeper than you're willing to go. You just want to stay on the surface and judge Black men and women through the same lense that you judge white folks, even though our American experience is damn near opposite.

3028223, ...aaaaand anyway back to the song.
Posted by stone_phalanges, Wed Nov-04-20 02:12 PM
Rapsody's verse is still strange to me. Not for any socio-political reasons but because it is a verse that is 100% written from the perspective of Busta Rhymes but she is rapping as his baby mother.

and yeah, it would have been cool to get some perspective from Busta Rhymes or even if he put all his faults out on the table just like Rapsody's verse did. AGAIN, not because it is supposed to be a journalistic expose on co-parenting in the black community but because it is a SONG!!!

3028228, You can't divorce a song w/ such content from the context that births it
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Wed Nov-04-20 04:01 PM
This is particularly true here
3028235, Yes you can.
Posted by stone_phalanges, Wed Nov-04-20 06:56 PM
Easily. I won't presume to tell you how to enjoy music, but you can definitely just enjoy music AS music. It is as valid if not more valid to accept the artform as just art.
3028236, And when u do, you're totally confused as to why the content is as it is
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Wed Nov-04-20 08:22 PM
*shrugs*
3028237, Not at all. It just effects my enjoyment of the music
Posted by stone_phalanges, Wed Nov-04-20 09:44 PM
My enjoyment of a song in no way reflects any confusion I have about any issue. It was an awkward verse that didn't sound like it was coming from the person who spit it.
3028245, Enjoyment and/or appreciation is yet another reason context is important.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Thu Nov-05-20 08:21 AM
For instance, when you understand that 75 Bars by The Roots was released at a time when people were seriously debating that rappers should stop using the N-Word in their music and... let's say you were strongly on the "no" side of the debate, the song hits harder to you. You enjoy it more.
Otherwise, you could be thinking... "ok, so he says 'nigga' 1000 times. what's so great about that?"

For me, this song has something similar going on. I touched on the current era in reply #49. As I listened, it was kinda refreshing because I can't recall ever hearing a woman admit to these kinds of things, even though they're extremely common. Oddly enough, everything she said didn't sound like a man wrote it imo. Actually sounds like a woman waking up to her own BS. People do have the ability to reflect. Even beyond all the songs where men are blamed, #blameblackmen it so out of control that it actually became a pretty popular hashtag. Had it not been for societal context, I may have felt the same as you about the song. Instead it feels like balance or a small form of justice. Maybe you don't care about the context or aren't affected by it tho. That's your prerogative, but that doesn't make it bad art... just art that resonates in a space that you're not able to feel.
3028246, I'm glad that the song resonated with you that way
Posted by stone_phalanges, Thu Nov-05-20 09:09 AM
It's great that we all enjoy different music for different reasons.
3028253, Thank you. My response wasn't just about that though.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Thu Nov-05-20 04:17 PM
I used both a personal and non-personal example to flesh out my overall point of context. I'll take this to mean you don't have a response to that, and this is really just about you not liking the song.
3028255, ^^^missed his last 3 child support payments
Posted by Anonymous, Thu Nov-05-20 04:43 PM
3028260, ^^^ Revealing his stereotypical racist views
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Thu Nov-05-20 06:44 PM
3028262, Notice you’re the only one who brought up race
Posted by Anonymous, Thu Nov-05-20 07:23 PM
As far as I know, you’re white as fuck
3028263, Yep, because I have the good sense to realize its significance.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Thu Nov-05-20 07:38 PM
You, being "white as fuck", have again dismissed it altogether and shown the racism that you think you're hiding behind your enjoyment of Hip Hop.
3028264, LMFAO!!
Posted by Anonymous, Thu Nov-05-20 07:50 PM
You’re precious
3028287, If only this adoration came without subconscious racism
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri Nov-06-20 04:39 PM
>You’re precious
3028261, Sure
Posted by stone_phalanges, Thu Nov-05-20 06:53 PM
Sounds good.
3028226, Another pointless, sensitive response from you
Posted by Anonymous, Wed Nov-04-20 03:31 PM
All that and you said absolutely nothing.

3028227, That sums up your OKP existence, especially in the Lesson.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Wed Nov-04-20 03:59 PM
3028229, You’re so cool
Posted by Anonymous, Wed Nov-04-20 04:03 PM
Teach me your ways
3028231, True
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Wed Nov-04-20 05:05 PM
3028505, Agreed.
Posted by squeeg, Thu Nov-19-20 12:25 PM
3028233, Feels like Busta wrote Rapsody's verse, honestly.
Posted by ToeJam, Wed Nov-04-20 05:50 PM
3028112, the joint with tip might be the best on there.
Posted by tariqhu, Sat Oct-31-20 01:49 PM
this album feels like busta without copying his previous work. good shit, but 2-3 gripes.

its too long and has way too much Chris Rock. I more bars on the song with tip, but that's minor cuz that song is hard af.
3028118, Random thoughts.
Posted by phemom, Sat Oct-31-20 06:08 PM
Busta is so shameless with ripping off his own song with the Mariah joint.....they could've just done a new song lol. It's not like the first version was an all-time classic or something.

What helps the album overall is how Bus goes back to ending songs in random places. Sure Bus could've done (and probably did) second verses on True Indeed or The Purge but it keeps the album breezing along.

Wish M.O.P wasn't just sample ad-libs on Czar....the video is funny tho.

Chris Rock could've just been on 1 joint (the intro) he's just in the way the other way the other times he pops up.

YUU fits better within the album....but I still think Bus should've stole Bubblin for himself.

Having the Pete Rock & J Dilla song on the same track doesn't really make sense....but it still sounds dope.

Since it's the only Q-Tip verse we getting in 2020 it's a good think Tip killed it. C'mon Kamaal....drop the solo man lol.

The Don & The Boss doesn't deserve to be or fit on this album at all.

I wonder if you played the Poison flip in the club or a party would people rock to it?

Is Santanic about Kanye?
3028122, Now that its been officially released - album of the year
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Sat Oct-31-20 09:26 PM
Shit is so good
3028142, RE: Now that its been officially released - album of the year
Posted by spidey, Mon Nov-02-20 11:12 AM
One of the best projects I have heard this year indeed, just gotta step my tech ability up and figure out how to delete all the nut hugging/screaming by Chris Rock...
3028197, U - NIIIIIGGAS CAN'T - FUCK WITH THAA GOD BUSSTA RHYMES
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Tue Nov-03-20 01:46 PM
BROOKLYN!

Ngl, that had me laughing
3028217, Lmao
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Wed Nov-04-20 09:37 AM
3028148, great album
Posted by mista k5, Mon Nov-02-20 12:50 PM
i had seen mixed reviews so i wasnt too excited to check it out. i had not listened to the singles but on first listen i really liked it. the don & the boss is the only song i didnt like. there are definitely some songs that are better than others but im not sure i would remove any other song from the album.

i could do with less chris rock, or at least separate his parts from the songs so i dont need to hear them each time. the album as a whole is good/great listen but some songs i think might not have much replay value.

not as consistent as some other albums from the year but i do understand putting this up as an AOTY contender. it has that feel.
3028216, What's Up With These Four Bonus Tracks On The "Reloaded Edition"?
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Tue Nov-03-20 11:33 PM
Yesterday when I was on soundcloud I see where Busta posted an "Reloaded" version of the E.L.E. Vol.2" with four bonus tracks:
"Blowing Your Speakers", Who Are You", "Hope Your Dreams Come True", & "Calm Down featuring Eminem" (which I think is a single from 2014, but didn't that have more rappers on it?).

Anyway, I noticed there isn't a bonus or exclusive physical version out there just the regular 22 track cd version, so I guess this is just songs he tacked on to the album for soundcloud or are these songs also added to the itunes/spotify versions?

3028254, Those are on the streaming versions too.
Posted by phemom, Thu Nov-05-20 04:38 PM
The normal version has a white cover & the reloaded has a red one.
3028224, you can tell this album has been recorded during the last decade
Posted by Hellyeah, Wed Nov-04-20 02:27 PM
there are beats that i've heard back in the early 2010s
3028256, Making albums like that may be the new wave for the 90s rappers.
Posted by phemom, Thu Nov-05-20 04:45 PM
Whenever Redman drops Muddy Waters 2 I'm sure that they'll be 3 year old songs on it.....Ghostface will prolly be the same for Supreme Clientele 2.

That said, I'm not mad at it....especially since 90s-early 00s rappers have no major label budgets anymore.

I'm curious when the Swizz track "The Purge" was made....it could've been 3 months or 15 years ago....no joke lol

3028271, Yeah I actually kinda appreciate that.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri Nov-06-20 07:44 AM
Just a steady built collection of good songs over a number of years, as opposed to trying to rush to keep up with a deadline or new sound. I feel like we're lucky that we're into the sounds from a 30 - 40 year period in that case.
3028329, Looooot of fat to trim but otherwise, this is surprisingly good.
Posted by Brew, Tue Nov-10-20 03:35 PM
Busta is RAPPIN on this shit. Damn. Sometimes I forget how well he can rhyme

I could've done without probably 6 or 7 songs but the good stuff is really good IMO. Lot of good production.
3028504, Do gotta say some of the lyrics are laughable/questionable.
Posted by Brew, Thu Nov-19-20 12:21 PM
Like, I guess we're still doing the "why do men dress homosexually nowadays ?!" thing ?!!
3028351, RAKIM
Posted by Garhart Poppwell, Wed Nov-11-20 07:26 PM
also the criticism about the unnecessary stuff is legitimate, I'd have love to have heard him rap over one of the 80 beats he got from Kev Brown
3028501, 2 hr long interview w/ Van Jones (LINK)
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Thu Nov-19-20 10:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmswkrdzFds

He talks about basically his entire career up to the album and reveals stuff that no one ever knew going on behind the scenes with his family and health.

He also says Rapsody created the direction of "Best I Can"... for everyone thinking he just orchestrated the whole thing by writing her verse and using her as a puppet or something lol.
3028503, Can you summarize the goings on w/his family and health ?
Posted by Brew, Thu Nov-19-20 12:20 PM
I don't think I knew anything of this and am interested, but am decidedly *not* interested in listening to a 2 hour Busta Rhymes interview lol.

Or you can just give me the time that discussion starts within the interview if that's easier.

Appreciate it.
3028506, I might listen if it wasn't Van Jones lol
Posted by CherNic, Thu Nov-19-20 12:41 PM
I listened to Busta's episode on Abstract Radio a couple times and it was great b/c of course him and Q-Tip have a great rapport.

Don't want to listen to Busta and a guy who doesn't know Mary J did 'Work That'. Or Busta and a probably drunk NORE.
3028515, I'll say it's better than expected
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Thu Nov-19-20 05:03 PM
I'm not a fan of Van either... kinda ended up listening due to needing something to listen to and having few options. It's kinda like an interesting history lesson on his life and career. I feel you on NORE tho, omg. I think it was the one with Curren$y where they were so drunk and high that they could barely speak. That was kinda it for me with Drink Champs.

3028522, drinks champs is so bad.
Posted by tariqhu, Thu Nov-19-20 11:12 PM
I haven't listened in forever because they get too toasted and they just over talked and interruptted the guests too much.

but yeah, Van's interview was not bad at all. its long af, but they have a really good convo.
3028537, Haha agreed. Good in theory, terrible execution.
Posted by Brew, Fri Nov-20-20 07:42 PM
>I haven't listened in forever because they get too toasted
>and they just over talked and interruptted the guests too
>much.
3028511, RE: Can you summarize the goings on w/his family and health ?
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Thu Nov-19-20 03:26 PM
>I don't think I knew anything of this and am interested, but
>am decidedly *not* interested in listening to a 2 hour Busta
>Rhymes interview lol.
>
>Or you can just give me the time that discussion starts within
>the interview if that's easier.
>
>Appreciate it.

The part about his health issues is from roughly 49:00 - 108:00
He actually says that he's never revealed this before.

Prior to that he's talking about what ultimately sent him down a path that caused all that (the death of his father and watching his mother deal with the pain of not having been able to make peace with him prior to his passing).

The part about "Best I Can" begins about 138:00

Yall are missing a really good interview about this man's life and career.
3028512, Thanks.
Posted by Brew, Thu Nov-19-20 03:50 PM
>The part about his health issues is from roughly 49:00 -
>108:00
>He actually says that he's never revealed this before.
>
>Prior to that he's talking about what ultimately sent him down
>a path that caused all that (the death of his father and
>watching his mother deal with the pain of not having been able
>to make peace with him prior to his passing).
>
>The part about "Best I Can" begins about 138:00
>
>Yall are missing a really good interview about this man's life
>and career.

I'm sure it's great - and I have nothing against Busta. I just don't have 2 hours to dedicate to nearly any one person's interview these days haha.
3028514, RE: Thanks.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Thu Nov-19-20 04:38 PM
>I'm sure it's great - and I have nothing against Busta. I just
>don't have 2 hours to dedicate to nearly any one person's
>interview these days haha.

Lol, I feel you. I listened when I needed something to make the time pass quicker AKA at work. Must say that I was surprised how interesting it was though.
3028516, Word. Maybe I'll toss it on the headphones over the weekend while ..
Posted by Brew, Thu Nov-19-20 05:26 PM
.. doing something else or something.

Either way thanks for the rec and for the time info.