Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectThis is my AOTY
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3027668&mesg_id=3027747
3027747, This is my AOTY
Posted by Oak27, Sun Oct-18-20 01:36 PM
I haven't been hooked on an album like this in YEARS.

Favorite tracks are "One Way Flight", "Legend", "Thank God I Made It" and "New Streets" but there isn't a track on here I dislike. The only song I really skip is "Timeless" after Benny's verse. Not that Wayne and Sean ruin it or anything, they just kind of feel out of place on a Griselda album, even if it's hardly a traditional Griselda sounding album.

My only real critiques are 1) the skits at the end of the title track and "Over The Limit", if rappers really feel they need skits in 2020 they could at least have the decency to make them separate tracks so they can more easily be avoided.

And 2) and I say this as a BIG Rick Ross fan... It's awkward having him as a feature when those Griselda dudes constantly call out studio gangsters, and Benny even raps later on this very album "I live that life, but y'all only gangster on iTunes"

I've listened to this front to back 10 times at least with the majority of tracks finding their way on my 2020 playlist, and a lot of solid additions to my Griselda playlist. It's my favorite Griselda release, my favorite album of the year so far, and obviously it's very early but if this isn't in my top 5 at the end of the decade then that means it was a hell of a decade.

9/10.