Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI liked Beautiful Struggle more than New Danger at the time.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3027518&mesg_id=3027594
3027594, I liked Beautiful Struggle more than New Danger at the time.
Posted by Brew, Thu Oct-15-20 07:18 PM
But in hindsight BS is really forgettable. I don't think I've listened to a single song from that album since like 2005 haha. Shame, too, cuz I thought and still think Quality is a damn good album.

Meanwhile, New Danger I didn't like at all outside a few tracks ... but I still listen to those tracks to this day. Namely "Sex, Love & Money," "Sunshine," and "Grown Man Business." "Champion Requiem" is a pretty good song too, though I haven't heard it in a while.

With you 100% on The Tipping Point. They clearly were making an album they didn't want to make but that album still has heat, even if it's not generally what I wanted the tone of album I wanted to hear from them at that time (and they agreed so I don't feel bad saying that lol).

But man, "Guns Are Drawn," "Stay Cool," "Web," (!!!!), those songs are still heat to this day.

And really there's not a track I *don't* like on that album. But it was definitely not the tone and quality I expected or wanted from them at that time. But I listened to it a lot in the moment and still listen to the tracks above all the time.

Even "Don't Say Nothin'" is dope cuz Thought is just blatantly calling out the album for making them "sell out."