Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectThe Lesson's Favorite Hip Hop Albums of All Time (Voting Thread)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3027385&mesg_id=3027385
3027385, The Lesson's Favorite Hip Hop Albums of All Time (Voting Thread)
Posted by Oak27, Fri Oct-09-20 01:26 PM
I feel like either this or an emcee's ranking or both were done YEARS ago. I've wanted to do this for a while since hip hop and lists are two of my favorite things, but I feared I'd receive crickets. A post for top 10 rappers just got a lot of traction, so I figured this is as good a time as we're gonna get as activity on this board continues to dwindle.

Post UP TO 25 of your favorite hip hop albums (key word: favorite, lets not have this looking like every major publication's top 10 list) of all time, starting with your favorite/#1 and going down.

1. Favorite album (please use Artist - Title format, ex: Nas - Illmatic)
2. Second favorite
3. 3rd favorite
25. 25th favorite

I'll log all the responses and count the votes, with points being distributed on a weighted basis.

1. If you don't include #'s with your rankings, I'm assuming the top album is your #1 and so on unless otherwise noted.
2. If you don't want to submit 25 albums, submit however many you want (up to 25) and they will still count. Anything greater than 25 won't be counted.
3. After this post is a few weeks old and seems to have died down (no new entries), I'll close out voting and post the results in a new thread, probably with the Top 50 (maybe more depending on how many responses this thread gets).