Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: theres really no logical reasoning for spending any money on vinyl
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3026677&mesg_id=3026722
3026722, RE: theres really no logical reasoning for spending any money on vinyl
Posted by Options, Thu Sep-03-20 10:49 PM
>im just used to packages of products being cheaper than solo pieces so i was looking to see some discount for buying them together.

this. I clicked the link expecting ~$20+ an album — especially since they're all single LPs. if all these joints were out of print and really hard to come by, I'd get it, but that's not the case. think I gotta pass on this.

my theory is that a lot of these companies are banking on this new generation of vinyl enthusiasm and nailing these kids who don't know that $35 for a double LP is, like, really high.*

in the case of Sade fans, who skew older, they're likely going for die-hards who DGAF.

*(I've dipped my toe into the world of video game soundtracks on vinyl and this is rampant. the OSTs to the Street Fighter III series were just released; 4LPs for nearly 100 bucks PLUS shipping.)